Skip navigation

26 May 2018 You are not logged in. Login now.


About SFS

About SFSThese pages provide background information on Small Firms Services Limited. We hope that the content of these pages answer any questions you may have about our company. If you need to contact us do not hesitate to call one of the Service Team on 0800 328 7494. We are available during normal office hours to answer your questions and to explain more about who SFS are and how we can help your business.

You may also find our Information Centre of interest as it provides answers to some of the most popular questions we receive.

You can find information on our products and services by clicking on the services link on our menu.

Changing a director’s details

To change a company directors details you need to file either form CH01 or form CH02 at Companies House. This will depend on whether you are changing the details of a person or a company that is appointed as company director.

Changing a persons details as a director
All companies have at least one ‘real person’ appointed as a company director as this is legally required under the Companies Act 2006. If you need to change the name or address of a person appointed as a director you must file form CH01.

Changing the details of a corporate body acting as a company director
Some companies may have another company appointed as a company director. This is often referred to as a corporate officer. All companies must have one real person appointed as a director but additionally then can appoint one or more corporate officers. To change the details of a corporate director you need to file form CH02.

Form CH01

Changing the details of a person appointed as a director

Form CH02

Changing the details of a corporate director

Both forms can be filed using the paper versions we supply on this site. Alternative you can file these forms online with Companies House using their web filing.

Companies House Web Filing Guide

Please note - You can change the name, address and country of residence for a company director. It is not possible to change the date of birth as this should remain constant. If you have made an error appointing a company officer with an incorrect date of birth you need to resign the director and then re-appoint.